ElginRacing's David Jacobs and Greg Obadia returned to their home track after the 12 Hour Enduro victory to compete in the SCCA U.S. Majors Tour at Summit Point Motorsports Park. The drivers were faced with extremely tough competition in the Spec Racer Ford Gen 3 (SRF3) group. The wet conditions added to the complexity. A recap of ElginRacing's results for SRF3 (Group 3) from this past weekend are provided below:
Friday, April 29, 2015: Qualifying Session #1
- Greg Obadia qualified third (in between three national champions). He also broke his personal best SRF3 lap time at Summit with a 1:20.605.
- David Jacobs qualified in ninth place in his first time on the track this season.
Saturday, April 30, 2015: Race #1
- Greg Obadia finished in 4th place
- David Jacobs moved up to finish in 6th.
Sunday, May 1, 2015: Race #2
- Greg joined two national champions on the podium after winning third place.
- David Jacobs had an impressive showing as he moved from ninth place and maintained fifth place for a majority of the race.
Indoor rain contingency podium (left to right): Cliff White, Tray Ayres and Greg Obadia