ElginRacing's David Jacobs and Greg Obadia entered in their first SCCA U.S. Majors Tour at Summit Point Motorsports Park this weekend. The drivers competed in Spec Racer Ford Gen 3 (SRF3) cars prepared by Hagerman RacEngineering. A recap of ElginRacing's results for SRF3 (Group 3) from this past weekend are provided below:
Friday, May 1, 2015: SRF3 Qualifying sessions #1 & #2
- Greg Obadia qualified on the provisional pole with a lap time of 1:21.077 in the first qualifying session on Friday morning.
- David Jacobs posted a lap time of 1:21.951, breaking his previous personal fastest SRF3 lap time at Summit Point.
Saturday, May 2, 2015: Race #1
- Greg finished the race in first place with a 17.888 second margin ahead of Richard Wiehl.
- David took home the third place trophy, giving the ElginRacing drivers their first trip to the SCCA US Majors Tour podium.
- Greg Obadia established a new SCCA track record of 1:21.787 for SRF3 at Summit Point.
Sunday, May 3, 2015: Race #2
- Greg lead Race #2 until he lost fourth gear on Lap #22 and went off at Turn 5 on the last lap, allowing David Jacobs to take the lead.
- David held off Richard Wiehl to take the win in SRF3 Race 2.
- Greg finished the race in third place.
“Thanks to Hagerman RacEngineering, SCCA volunteers, our fans, supporters, Greg and David, ElginRacing’s inaugural U.S. Majors weekend was a great success," said Ben Jacobs. "We are looking forward to the upcoming MARRS 2 & 3 competition at VIR on May 9 - 10, 2015.”
ElginRacing is mentioned in the following SCCA Majors news releases:
- Andre Flies at Summit Point in Friday Majors Qualifying
- First US Majors Tour Championships of 2015 Awarded at Summit Point
- Sunday Summit Point Winners Interviews
- Summit Majors Sunday Highlighted by Photo Finish